This beached juvenile Sperm #Whale was found off the coast of #Spain. If it looks emaciated, it’s because it starved to death. In its stomach was 64 lbs of #plastic, causing an infection. Our #Oceans are drowning in a sea of plastic. We need to break our addiction. pic.twitter.com/oICIlyGHJw
— Daniel Schneider (@BiologistDan) April 7, 2018
With an growing quantity of plastic discarded in oceans, whale deaths resulting from ingestion of plastics have gotten far too frequent. Just two years in the past a pod of 13 sperm whales all washed ashore dead from ingestion of plastic waste.